Paypal Casino Guide
Paypal is a trusted and secure e-wallet used by millions of people to make instant payments all around the world. The good news is deposits made through PayPal will make you eligible for welcome bonuses and other promotions. It has put PayPal in a better position considering that some digital payment transfers like e-Wallet, specifically Neteller and Skrill, won’t qualify you for welcome bonuses and promotions. If you are an online casino player, you would see this as an advantage because who does not want bonuses, anyway? In this Paypal casino guide, we’ll take you through our detailed guide on how to use Paypal at online casinos in India.
Important Note: Paypal has announced that it has stopped domestic payments in India. From 1st April 2021, you will have to use alternative payment options at online casinos in India.
Best Paypal Alternative Payment Methods
- Neteller – It is also an e-wallet like Paypal. The respective payment amount is debited directly from the wallet and is immediately available on the player account. Neteller is one of the top alternatives to PayPal.
- Skrill – Payments with Skrill work in a very similar way to Neteller and PayPal. Skrill is an e-wallet that helps you deposit and withdraw funds from online casinos fairly quickly.
- PayTM – PayTM is an Indian e-wallet that will enable you to deposit and withdraw funds easily from your casino account. Just download the PayTM app and start depositing money on online casinos.
- UPI – Known as the Unified Payment Interface, it is one of the best payment options for Indian players. Deposits and withdrawals are very fast and secure with UPI.
- MasterCard – One of the top alternatives to Paypal. MasterCard lets you deposit money in your casino account fast and secure. However, you have to be wary as withdrawals are not possible with MasterCard.
- PaySafeCard – Paysafecard has proven to be the perfect payment method for people who want to pay anonymously. With Paysafecard, there is no need to use an additional account or the online banking account.
Paypal Pros & Cons
- Easy to use on all devices.
- Buyer Protection.
- No account management costs.
- All data is encrypted with SSL and is protected against access by third parties.
- Bonus included when you pay via Paypal.
- Fake emails in circulation.
- Paypal can freeze your account even without any suspicious activity.
- High fees.
How to Sign up for PayPal?
To sign up for a PayPal account follow these steps:
- Go to PayPal’s official website. Click the ”Sign Up for Free” button found on the center of the screen.
- Choose the account type: personal or business. For the online casinos, the option to choose is Business.
- Enter your mobile number.
- You will receive a validation code on your cell phone. Enter that code to confirm your account.
- Fill out the form with all necessary information such as your name, email address, and unique password.
- Fill out the second form, which will ask about your nationality, phone number, document type, and address. Also, choose the country you live in.
Your account will be successfully created. You will receive an email from Paypal. Link your debit or credit card so you can easily deposit and withdraw money from PayPal. Then, verify your PayPal account.
How to verify your PayPal account?
Before you can start using your PayPal account, you have to verify it first for safety reasons. Below are the verification steps:
- Log in to your PayPal account. Click wallet and choose the card you want to verify.
- Click confirm card link and hit okay. PayPal will charge a small amount to your card, but you will get your money back once your account is verified.
- Check your card’s statement and check PayPal’s transaction as it has a unique four-digit code that you need to use to verify the card.
- In your PayPal account, click the wallet tab and choose the card you want to verify. Enter the four-digit code and hit confirm.
- Once your account is confirmed, you can now use PayPal to fund and withdraw your earnings from an online casino.
How to Deposit on Online casinos via Paypal?
When it comes to depositing and withdrawing from PayPal, the process is simple and straightforward. However, you have to keep in mind that it only allows transactions from online casinos with gambling licenses in the player’s resident country. To deposit on your online casino account using PayPal, follow these steps:
- Go to the online casino’s official site. Click the deposit or cashier tab.
- Choose PayPal from the drop-down menu. Key in your PayPal account details, such as the PayPal ID.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit and confirm the transaction. In just a few seconds, PayPal will process your request and make the necessary currency conversion.
- All your casino financial transactions will be directed to PayPal unless you make necessary changes.
Gamble online with PayPal
Anyone can create a PayPal account for free. You don’t need to provide financial information to qualify to make it one of the accessible payment systems. It is accepted worldwide. Once you see the PayPal seal for a business, it guarantees that the business is a trusted one. PayPal has a strict standard, and it automatically cancels companies that don’t adhere to their standards.
How Secure is Paypal?
PayPal takes good care of your privacy and confidentiality. They employ the following measures:
- Security key – It is one way of keeping the account private and secure. It is a two-step authentication that sends OTP (one-time pin).
- Data encryption – PayPal uses end-to-end encryption and implemented methods like secure HTTPS connections, strong TLS configurations, key pinning, and data protection compliance. Independent third parties regularly review PayPal’s Information Security Policies and Controls.
- Email confirmations – Every time there is a transaction going on with your PayPal account, be it sending or receiving payment, you will receive an email to confirm the transaction. If there’s a transaction you didn’t make, all you need to do is to inform PayPal’s support team and they will right away start an investigation. All these efforts are done to ensure that client’s safety, privacy and confidentiality are taken care of. PayPal will not share any personal or financial information of its clients. However, you may unknowingly share information on sites where you use PayPal. Hence, it is important to transact only with legit sites.
Paypal charges a currency conversion fee of 4%. Account creation is free of charge at Paypal. When you deposit and withdraw at online casinos via Paypal, there may be charges applied on transactions. For that, you have to check the respective casino sites.
Frequently Asked Questions
PayPal is one of the longest and largest digital payment systems in the world. It is an excellent payment method for almost anything, but here’s the catch – it follows the rules in the countries or states it operates in. If your country or state does not accept online gambling, you cannot use PayPal for such a particular transaction. PayPal started its operation in 1998. It has grown more significant in just a couple of years, with its initial public offering in 2002. It was a part of eBay, a famous shopping platform. Today, it is a fully established company with international operations.