Indian Premier League or IPL is one of the most popular cricket events in India. The craze of IPL is such that every Indian family can be seen hooked to the television during the IPL season, keenly watching with suspense which team will win!
That’s why IPL betting has gained immense popularity in the Indian betting scene. However, if you are new to IPL betting, it can be a daunting task to understand how to start. Therefore, we have curated this article with all the information you need to know about IPL betting, including a list of the best online IPL betting sites. Before discussing IPL betting, let us understand the game of IPL in-depth to be confident in placing a bet.
Best IPL Betting Sites in India
Once you know about the rules of IPL, the best teams and players, you can start betting on matches. However, you need to find a good betting website to invest your money. Here are some of the best online IPL betting sites:
- Betway is the most beginner-friendly betting website for IPL and also a very reliable site.
- Featuring a huge selection of odds on IPL and other sports, it is a great option for IPL bettors.
- It has many options for deposits like Neteller, Skrill, net banking, and UPI transactions.
- A special offer is available for IPL betting 2021 in which you get a chance to win a cash prize of 1 lakh rupees if you guess the best batsman and bowler in two IPL matches.
- Considered to be one of the best IPL live betting sites, 22bet provides you with the perfect adventure of live betting.
- It has a lot of payment options like Paytm, UPI, Neteller and Bitcoin.
- The welcome offer is lucrative at 10000 rupees which can be used for any bet.
- This Indian origin website has many popular Indian sports and is therefore very popular among the IPL bettors.
- The layout of the website is simple and easy to navigate. Paytm, UPI, net banking, and other popular methods are available for transactions.
- The welcome offer is the largest at 12000 rupees.
- This betting site has the largest collection of IPL betting odds.
- The free live-streaming offers you the option to enjoy the match while betting.
- Net banking, UPI, and E-wallets are some convenient methods for making any transaction.
- The welcome bonus of rupees 4000 is decent enough.
- A new betting site on the market, Come On, is largely gaining popularity for the various exciting promotions available such as boosted IPL odds and free bets on cricket matches.
- Different payment options like Paytm, net banking, and UPI are available.
- The website is modern, easy to navigate, and has a wide selection of IPL betting markets.
- A betting website dedicated solely to cricket, 10CRIC is one of the best online IPL betting sites.
- It offers excellent bonus prices and promos, including 500000 rupees in cash price.
- A special offer called “IPL Combo Money Back” allows you to receive a refund if you put 3 or more bets and lose them.
- Apart from that, Paytm, PhonePe and other Indian transaction methods are available, which makes it convenient for Indian players.
What is IPL?
IPL or Indian Premier League is a popular Indian Cricket tournament where 8 teams contest against each other to win the IPL trophy. The league was started in 2008 and has become one of the most sought after sporting events in India. The Double Round Robin League format is used in the IPL. In this format, each of the teams plays against each other twice.
Every team has to play twice: first in its city, during which it will be called the “home team” and subsequently at their rival’s home stadium, which gives them the title of “away team”.
The best four teams from these matches will advance to the playoffs, which will involve an eliminating round, two qualifying rounds and a final match.
The leading two teams in the league square off in the first qualifying round, with the champion earning a spot in the finale. The defeated team, on the contrary, will have a second chance to reach the final match by facing the champion of the knockout round in between the third and fourth-placed teams.
Indian Premier League Teams
There are eight IPL teams, each representing a city of India. The IPL teams are as follows:
- Chennai Super Kings: champion of 2010, 2011 and 2018
- Delhi Capitals
- Kolkata Knight Riders: champion of 2012 and 2014
- Mumbai Indians: champion of 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020
- Rajasthan Royals: champion of 2008
- Punjab Kings
- Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: champion of 2016
Most Runs In IPL
Cricketers who scored the most runs in IPL up-to-date are as follows:
- Virat Kohli: 6076
- Shikhar Dhawan: 5577
- Suresh Raina: 5491
- Rohit Sharma: 5480
- David Warner: 5447
- AB de Villiers: 5056
- Chris Gayle: 4950
- MS Dhoni: 4669
- Robin Uthappa: 4607
- Gautam Gambhir: 4217
Ipl Betting Types
There are various types of betting markets in IPL, and it might be confusing to choose one if you are not aware of the meaning of each type. So here are the different IPL betting types in IPL gambling:
This is the simplest type of cricket bet. You just have to predict which team will win a certain match. It is the most common type of bet in IPL because it’s also somewhat easy. However, there are certain rules if a match turns out to be a draw, which you need to be aware of before placing the bet.
In this type of wager, you have to bet on the possibility of a draw between the teams, which is a common occurrence.
Can you correctly predict the winner of the whole tournament? If so, then this is the wager for you. Usually, it is quite difficult to predict; however, if you are extremely knowledgeable about cricket and follow the performance of each team and player closely and notice the trends in recent years, it could be predicted to a large extent.
During a match, a coin is tossed to determine which captain can choose to do batting or fielding first. Usually, most teams prefer batting first. You can wager on the winner of the coin toss.
This bet takes another step to the coin toss in which you have to predict two events: firstly, which team will win the toss and secondly, whether the team winning the toss will choose to bat or field first. Of course, you need a lot of confidence in your luck for this one.
In this, you have to predict the score of a specific team at the end of the match. Usually, you won’t predict the exact numbers but rather a range of numbers; for example, 150-160 would be your bet. If the team scores between these numbers, you will win the wager.
Scoring a 6 is a euphoric moment for fans of a certain team. And you can use this magical run for placing a bet. In this bet, you have to predict which team will score the most sixes. Sometimes, it is a tie. In that case, rules specific to the online betting site will be applicable.
In this, you will be given a certain number, and you have to determine whether the team will score over under that number.
There are two types of wagers for the top batsman. You can bet on the best batsman for an individual match or the entire IPL.
Top Batsman Team
You may not be able to predict which batsman is going to be at the top. However, you are quite sure that it will be someone from a specific team because it has more strong players. There’s a wager for that too.
Man Of The Match
Many bettors have a favorite cricketer and often wager on the man of the match because they are confident that their favourite cricketer will win the title. It’s a common bet offered by any IPL bookie.
You have to predict if a century will be scored in the match by any of the teams.
Will the next wicket be an LBW, runout, catch-out, stumped, or bowled? There are so many possibilities for this wager. You can place this bet on each of the batsmen through in-play betting.
IPL Betting Tips
To help you understand how to bet in IPL, we have provided you with some of the best IPL betting tips.
Tip # 1 – Notice The Stadium
Not all stadiums are built the same, and the differences between the stadiums can create many differences in the match outcome. Research online, on authentic websites, about each of the stadiums and the details of the matches, played at them.
You should figure out if the pitch is favourable for pace or spin ball and also the overall pace of the field. Always be on the top of your game by keeping up-to-date with the trends that are going on.
You can follow the well-established rules, but they do not always have to come true. The only way to make better predictions is to keep studying and analysing things well.
Tip # 2 – Evaluate The Players
Figure out the strengths and weaknesses of the player and the dynamics between them. Find out which batsman performs better against which bowlers. This knowledge can help you predict the game a lot better.
If a batsman scores well, notice the bowling style that he encountered. In this way, you will get an idea about the strength of these batsmen, which type of bowling style they work well with and which makes it difficult for them to score.
This knowledge can also help during in-play bets. In-play wagering provides amazing potential to profit regardless of the outcome.
Tip # 3 – Place Contradictory Bets
Even though a seemingly strange idea, contradictory bets can be fruitful. Let’s examine a couple of examples. You place a pre-match bet on Team A at 2.50 since you think they are overvalued.
Team A begins with a great start and concludes with a respectable score of 170 runs. While Team B struggles in the opening few overs, they emerge as the apparent favourite. You’re in a good spot, with Team A’s odds down to 1.15 and Team B’s odds are up to 7.00.
You may be certain of your wager, but try placing a little saver on Team B at high stakes. You also can support both sides and benefit regardless of who triumphs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
IPL betting is very popular in India because of the popularity of the sports itself. Many different websites offer great odds for IPL betting. It is important to research the website and choose one which gives you the best value for your money and a platform to bet safely.