Blackjack Side Bets
When playing blackjack, your chances of winning does not only rely on the main bet but also on the side bets. Blackjack side bets let you expand your winning potential. The payout for side bets varies from one casino to another. Mostly, it is based on the card combination and the dealer’s cards. Some focus only on your hand and the dealer’s hand. Depending on the rules and the number of side bets, you could go home with a huge winning. In this detailed article, we will explain the available blackjack side bets offered by online casinos in India. You will also get to know about Insurance blackjack. So, without further ado, let’s delve right into our online blackjack side bets guide.
What Side Bets Are?
They are the bets placed on top of the primary bet. Hence, the name side bet. You would not be allowed to place a side bet in any table game if you didn’t participate in the main bet, except bet behind the bet. Blackjack side bets release payout regardless if your main bet wins or not. If you happen to lose the main bet but win the side bet, you can still take home a significant amount of money.
Why should you consider placing side bets?
Blackjack side bets take the game to new heights. It adds fun, thrill, and entertainment. They let you look forward to different card combinations that could give you a side bet winning hand. Fortunately, many online casinos that accept Indian players offer side bets with exciting payouts. You can win up to 2,000 times your bet. Now that’s huge money.
What are the available blackjack side bets offered by online casinos?
There are different blackjack side bets offered at online casinos, but the two most common are perfect pairs and 21+3. The betting options for these side bets will depend on the casino. Below are some of the most popular blackjack side bets.
- Perfect pairs – It is based on the first two cards dealt to you and the dealer. The goal is to look for a perfect pair, and the one with the best perfect pair wins. The amount of winning depends on the kind of pair you have.
- Mixed pair – it pertains to the card pair of different colors and suits.
- Colored pair – It pertains to cards of the same suit, but the suits are not the same.
- Perfect pair – the color and suit of cards are the same, hence, a perfect pair.
- 21+3 – Of all side bets in blackjack, it is by far the most popular because it is the most entertaining and thrilling. The available hands for 21+3 side bets are the following:
- Straight – It pertains to five cards arranged in sequence.
- Flush – it pertains to five cards of the same suit regardless of the order.
- Three of a kind – It pertains to three cards of the same kind.
- Straight flush – It pertains to the five cards of the same suit arranged in order.
- Suited triple – it pertains to three cards of the same kind and suit.
- Bust It – It is a type of side bet placed on the dealer busting their hand. Basically, it revolves around the number of cards necessary to bust the dealer, and the payout is based on that number of the card. For three cards, the pay is 1:1, and for eight cards, the pay is a massive 250:1.
- Buster – It is somewhat similar to the bust it where you will receive a payout when the dealer busts their hand. the only difference is it comes with an additional kicker, specifically the two top payouts wherein the dealer is busted, and the player has a blackjack. You will get blackjack if the dealer busts with eight cards. The payout is where it gets all the more exciting – a massive 2000:1.
- Hot 3 – It is a side bet based on the totality of the card. How does it work? You have to combine your first two cards as well as the dealer’s upcard.
- Bet behind – don’t you know that of all side bets in blackjack, the bet behind is the only one that won’t require you to place the main bet? With this type of side bet, you get to place your bet on another player’s hand. however, you have to be careful when using this type of side bet as you don’t have any control over the player’s gaming decision. Place a bet behind bet only if you trust the player that he/she would use a decent gaming strategy.
Side Bet and Corresponding Payout
- Mixed pair – 6:1
- Coloured pair – 12:1
- Perfect pair – 25:1
- Flush – 5:1
- Straight – 10:1
- 3 of a kind – 30:1
- Straight flush – 40:1
- Suited trips – 100:1
- Busts with 3 – 1:1
- Busts with 4 – 21
- Busts with 5 – 9:1
- Busts with 6 – 50:1
- Busts with 7 – 100:1
- Busts with eight and up – 250:1
- Suited 19 – 1:1
- Suited 20 – 2:1
- Unsuited 21 – 4:1
- Suited 21 – 20:1
- 7-7-7 – 100:1
Insurance blackjack – What is it all about?
In a blackjack table, you will see a line that says, “insurance pays 2:1.” Have you ever what it is all about? Should you have blackjack insurance if it is offered to you? Insurance blackjack is a side bet offered to players if the dealer’s upcard happens to be an A. what does it mean? It means that the bet is half of the primary bet, and it would pay 2:1 if the second card of the dealer leads him/her to reach a blackjack. Should you take the insurance if it is offered to you? Well, you have the option to say yes or no. however, if you ask pro players, they would discourage you from doing so. Do not take the insurance as it will not be worth it, especially if you consider the risk of losing and low payout.