American roulette – Everything you need to know about
There are different types of roulette, but the least common type is the American roulette. You probably wonder why it is the least type and as not as popular as other variations like the European and French roulette. We’re going to discuss American roulette, what makes it unique, and why it is the least favourite.
American roulette sets itself apart from other roulette tables because of its 38 slots. The typical roulette wheel only has 37. Why is it the least favourite? It is the least love among all roulette variation because it has the lowest RTP secondary to the additional wheel pocket. It has the lowest winning possibility because of the added pocket.
Best Indian American roulette casino sites
Get 150% up to ₹15,000
Get additional ₹101
daily for 7 days
What is American roulette?
You wouldn’t believe that American roulette was derived from France. It sounds ironic as there is a French roulette variation. The truth is the earliest roulette wheels have two bank slots – one zero, double zero, and an eagle. The old wheel used in American roulette has 1 to 28 numbers plus one zero, a double zero, and the eagle. If you are new to playing roulette, you might mistakenly interchange different roulette tables, but don’t be as they can be easily identified. The American roulette table is the only one that has a double zero on the wheel. True to the name, it is popular in the United States and other parts of the United Kingdom, but not so much in India.
Real money American roulette- What are the basic rules?
How to win when playing American roulette? The rule is the same as the usual roulette table. You’ll win if the ball lands on the number where you place your bet on. Keep in mind that the RTP percentage varies from one roulette type to another. In French and European roulette, the Return to Player percentage (RTP) is 97.30%. In American roulette, the RTP is lower at 94.74%. Why is it so? It is because of the extra double zero wheel pocket, which lowers the chances of winning.
American Roulette – Understanding the possible bets
When placing bets, the process is the same as other roulette variations. Please note that American roulette only differs in the extra 00 pocket, which adds another betting option like the split on 0-00. The payout remains the same, but the probability of winning is way lower in American roulette than in other roulette types like the French and European. It is the number one reason why American roulette is not so popular among Indian players. The possible bets for American roulette is summarized below:
- Straight-up bet – A bet placed on a single number such as 0 and 00 with a corresponding payout of 35:1.
- Split bet – It is a bet placed on the line between the two adjacent numbers such as 0 and 00 with a corresponding payout of 17:1.
- Street bet – it is a bet placed on the line at the end of the three numbers in a row. The corresponding payout is 11:1.
- Corner bet – It is a group of four numbers placed at the corner where the numbers touch. The corresponding payout is 8:1.
- Five bet – It is a bet placed at the corner by 1 and 1 with a corresponding payout rate of 6:1.
- Line bet – It includes two rows of three numbers where the bet is placed at two rows’ end with a corresponding payout of 5:1.
- Column – The bet is placed on 2-1 box at the column’s end with a corresponding payout of 2:1.
- Dozen – A group of numbers placed on the first of 12 box and so on, with a corresponding payout of 2:1.
- Color – it includes either all black or red numbers with a corresponding payout of 1:1.
- Odd/even – The bet is placed on odd or even numbers with a corresponding payout of 1:1.
- Low/high – The bet is placed on all high or all low numbers with a corresponding payout of 1:1.
Knowing the difference between French, European, and American roulette
If three roulette tables are placed next to each other, would you notice the difference? It is a no-brainer for avid roulette players, but new players tend to be confused. By merely looking at the different roulette tables, it is obvious that the French table looks extra, but if you take into account the game per se, it is the American table that looks different from the rest. European and French roulette share the same RTP or Return to Player ratio. They also have the same roulette wheel type. The only distinguishing factor is the French bets, which is obviously something you cannot find in European roulette. The table has a lower RTP in American roulette, and you will notice an additional 00 on the felt.