Best Horse Racing Betting Sites in India
Horse racing is one of the oldest sports in the world. Horses are often depicted in history, literature, art, and culture as symbols of bravery, majesty, and royalty. Horses had a significant value not only as transport but also for its, intelligence and aesthetics. The rise of online horse race betting in India is due to the exceptionally exciting nature of the game and the big prizes offered by the websites. It provides an exciting and thrilling experience for the viewers.
Horse race betting has been around for as long as horse races, and therefore, it has become an inseparable part of Indian culture. If you are also a fan of horse racing and want to know in detail about the sports and its betting techniques, you have come to the right place.
Here, we are going to discuss in details everything you need to know about horse race betting in India, especially focusing on the best sites which offer horse race betting.
Fact-checked on 19th July 2021 by Pratek Patel, Data Analyst.
Published on 18th July 2021.
Best Horse Racing Betting Sites in India
If you are a fan of the elegant and thrilling game of horse racing, then take a look at some of the best websites for horse race betting in India.
- It is one of the most popular betting websites on the internet because of its extremely user-friendly UI, making it one of the best options for beginners who are a little confused about these websites. Moreover, it provides the best odds on different horse racing markets.
- The welcome bonus is pretty decent at 2500 rupees. Just like other big gambling websites, Betway provides multiple options for transactions like Visa and MasterCard, Skrill, Neteller, and net banking.
- Being one of the oldest and biggest betting websites in the world, bet 365 is a great choice for those who are looking for reliable and safe betting websites.
- They have a lucrative welcome bonus of up to 4000 rupees which you can use on any horse race.
- The website offers live streaming, which makes your betting experience a lot more informative and fun.
- There is a wide variety of betting options for horse racing to choose from, along with various options for withdrawal and deposit of cash.
- The Tote Placepot helps you win a big amount without betting with a lot of money.
- Alerts through mobile notification are available.
- This website offers one of the largest collections of horse races from different parts of the world. It is very unlikely not to find a horse race that exists on this website.
- Live streaming option is available for you to stream your favorite horse race and entertain yourself.
- The payment option includes cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, which is something unique about this website. Many Indian options like Paytm, PhonePe, and UPI are also available for deposits.
- It offers a massive welcome bonus of 10000 rupees.
- Although known mostly for its online casinos, Casumo has an enormous sportsbook that contains many types of horse racing bets.
- Equipped with a smooth and efficient website and mobile application, Casumo is one of the best horse racing betting sites in India.
- You can use different options like Ecopayz, Neteller, net banking, Visa, and MasterCard to pay a deposit and withdraw money. Both deposits and withdrawals are fast and efficient.
- The website has one of the largest sportsbooks and has a wide variety of horse racing games for betting.
- You can play with Indian currency on this website and make payments through different Indian transaction applications like Paytm, UPI, and Indian net banking.
- The site functions in both Hindi and English language which is great for Indian players.
- The customer support is great, and the attractive bonus offer of 10000 rupees is one of the many reasons you should try this site.
Why Horse Race Betting?
It is very natural to wonder what it is about horse racing that is getting so much attention nowadays in India. The horse race was not always a part of the Indian culture and has been imported into India, like many other things, but has become an integral part of Indians.
The British Empire brought the horse racing tradition to India during the eighteenth century, and the first horse race took place in Madras in 1777. However, it was often only the well-established upper-class people who took an interest in horse racing. Horse racing spread among the commoners after the 1943 Indian Derby organized at the Mahalaxmi race track in Mumbai.
Since then, several other tournaments and events were regularly organized. Today, many bookies offer India race online betting, which has taken horse racing to new heights. Even though horse race gambling has always been around, the online version has made it more accessible to the common citizens. Some of the main reasons why you should choose horse racing are:
- Horse race is a fast-paced sport much faster when compared to traditional betting sports like football and cricket, with a typical race lasting only about 13 seconds.
- A game that is often considered more popular among influential upper-class people, horse racing, can help you make good connections with those people.
- Horse race betting provides a highly thrilling and adventurous experience due to being so fast-paced.
Horse Race Betting Types
Some of the most common horse race betting types for online horse race betting in India are as follows:
- Win Bet
Potentially, it is the most simple out of all betting types as you have to predict which horse will win the race.
- Place bet
In this, you have to predict which will be the rank or place of the horse you select. Usually, only two places are available- first and second place. The wager prize is usually lesser for this bet.
- Win Place
It is similar to the place bet as you have to select the place of your selected competitor. But it’s a double bet, and if your selection comes 1st, you’ll get the price of both 1st and 2nd wager.
- Show bet
This is the least paying bet out of the ones mentioned above, but it is less risky and pays you if your horse finishes in anyone out of the three positions-first, second or third.
This one is more risky and difficult to predict as you have to choose two horses and guess which one will come fast and finish second. To win the forecast bet, your prediction needs to be exactly correct, and you will not win anything if your prediction is not true.
The bet appears to be the same as the forecast bet on the surface, as you have to choose two selections- one for first place and another for second place.
However, unlike the forecast bet, you will get to win the bet if both the horses come either first or second, which means they can complete the race in any order. It is also called the “reverse forecast“ but has a lesser price than the actual forecast.
Like the forecast bet, the order in which the horses finish matters in this bet. You get to select three horses each for the first, second, and third positions. To win the wager, the predictions should be perfectly correct, and the horses need to finish the race in the same order.
Here you wager on four horses to come first, second, third, and fourth in the race, and they have to finish the race with the exact position to win the bet. Of course, this bet is difficult to predict, and therefore the payout is lucrative.
Are you someone with deep knowledge of horse betting and a lot of confidence in your luck? Then this might be the best for you as it is the most difficult bet to win and has the most risk as you have to put your money on 5 horses and predict each of the horse’s positions.
To win the wager, they need to finish the race in the exact order. It is the most difficult wager on Indian horse racing sites.
3 Basic Steps for Horse Race Betting
Horse race betting is not a cakewalk for a beginner, and you need to be extremely aware and educated about many things before starting. So here are some of the best tips to help with your horse race journey:
1) Research, Research, And Research:
Horse racing appears very simple on the surface but has many layers to it that you need to study well to understand. Live stream the horse race and keep an account of the winners, trainers, and jockeys of the different horse races.
Study the common horse race-related terms, which will make it easier for you to understand any information regarding horse race.
Different weather conditions can have an impact on the horse races. Even slight rain can cause a horse to lose its balance.
So, be aware of the weather conditions of the horse race track before you wager. Knowing about the form of the horse and how it is performed in different race tracks is crucial.
2) Be Wise
Whenever you visit any online betting website, you are going to see a lot of promotions and offers which appear to be very lucrative and earn you a lot of money. That’s a plus if you are aware of what you are wagering on.
However, do not simply bet on these offers with your hard-earned money just because it appears to be tempting as the more risk you take, the more will be the prize.
So, if you are a beginner, then avoid betting on high-risk markets and try to bet on more predictable low-risk markets, and then work your way up as you gain knowledge. Be wise and responsible.
3) Compare Odds
So you are ready to bet on a certain race? You don’t simply go to a betting website and place your wager because different sites will offer different odds even on the same horse race.
So, first off, you need to compare the odds and select the one that offers the most profit.
Horse Race Tracks In India
- Bangalore Turf Club
Horse racing is organized during two seasons—summer and winter. The length of the Race course is 1950 meters.
- Hyderabad Turf Club
Measuring around 2215 meters, horse racing is organized on this track during the monsoon and the winters, usually on Mondays and Sundays.
- Mysore Race Club
With a track measuring approximately 2000 meters, the Mysore Race club organizes horse races during three seasons— summer, monsoon, and winter.
- Royal Calcutta Turf Club
It is the longest race track measuring more than 2800 and organizes races biannually.
- Royal Western India Turf Club
This club organizes horse races in the Mahalaxmi race course during winter and the Pune Race course during monsoon.
Horse Race Events To Bet On
- 1000 Guineas
Held at New Market Race course, it is organized on the Sunday after 2000 Guinness.
- 2000 Guineas
A classic British horse race, it is held in April or May.
- Indian Derby
The biggest event of horse racing was held in February in Mumbai at the Mahalaxmi Racecourse.
- Indian1000 Guineas
Held every year in Mumbai during December, three years old fillies participate in it.
- Indian 2000 Guineas
It is held for 3-year-old Colts and fillies and also organized during December.
Horse racing is a popular sport, and with the increasing popularity of horse racing online betting in India, it has become a favorite among Indian bettors. Both knowledge and presence of mind play a key role in deciding your success of online horse race betting.