IMPS Casino Guide
Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) and Unified Payments Interface (UPI) may sound like new payment methods, but they’re not. You may unknowingly use them before. They are managed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). The beauty of these payment methods is they allow payment transfer to gambling sites. In this IMPS Casino Guide, we’ll take you through our step-by-step guide on how to deposit and withdraw funds with IMPS at online casinos in India. We also tackle the Pros & Cons and frequently asked questions that many Indian casino users have when using IMPS as a payment processor.
Best Online Casinos Accepting IMPS
IMPS Pros & Cons
- Real-time transfers.
- Casino Bonus included when you deposit via IMPS/UPI.
- One of the cheapest ways to deposit on online casinos.
- Safe and Secure.
- It is managed by the National Payments Corporation of India.
- Lack of anonymity. The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) regulates it. They can track your transactions.
- Some online casinos do not let you withdraw funds with IMPS.
What is the difference between IMPS and UPI?
Although IMPS and UPI share identical features, they differ in many aspects. For one, the length of time needed to transfer funds. Transferring money with IMPS is a lengthier process than the UPI because the transfer of funds only occurs after the registration of the payee. You have to wait for at least 30 minutes before the money is transferred to the new payee. With UPI, registration is not needed, and there’s no waiting time too. Hence, making the entire process simple and swift. More so, if you use IMPS, you and the receiver should have an Indian bank account. With UPI, you can transfer your Indian bank account and receivers abroad using your UPI ID or Virtual Payment Address.
How to Sign up for IMPS/UPI?
If you plan to use UPI or IMPS to deposit funds on your casino account, the first thing you should do is set up a UPI/IMPS account. To set up your account, follow these steps:
- Download the official UPI app. For iOS, go to App Store and for Android, go to Google Play Store.
- Once you successfully downloaded the app, the next step is to create and complete your profile. You will need to provide details like your name, VPA, and password.
- Link your bank account and connect it to your preferred payment tool like PhonePe, Paytm, or Google Pay together with your virtual ID.
- Log in to your online casino account. Go to the cashier section and select UPI or net banking. There will be instructions on how to set up UPI as your desired payment method.
- Go to your local bank and ask them to add IMPS service to your existing account.
- Once IMPS is already added to your account, you have to enter your bank account number and MMID and Aadhaar numbers.
- Go to the casino site and follow the steps in connecting your IMPS to your casino account.
How to verify your IMPS/UPI account?
One of the good things about IMPS is you no longer need to verify your account as you have already previously requested it from your bank. If you are in the UPI platform, you will need to register your payment service provider, which may or may not require a verification process. For PhonePe, you will need to enter your Adhaar card number. For Google Pay and Paytm, the process will be different.
How to Deposit in online casino via IMPS/UPI?
Although IMPS and UPI allow you to make payments to casino sites, you have to rely on payment solutions to enable you to move your funds from your bank through the payment gateway and the casino site. Some of the commonly used payment solutions are PhonePe, Paytm, and Google Pay. To deposit funds in your online casino account, follow these steps:
- Go to your profile and click on the ”Deposit” button.
- A new window will appear where you can enter the amount, log in to your wallet, upload the transaction screenshot and confirm the payment. Your deposit will be instantly credited to your account.
How to Withdraw from online casino via IMPS/UPI?
Withdrawing money from an online casino via IMPS/UPI is an easy and straight-forward process. Just follow these steps:
- Go to your profile section and click on the ”Withdraw” icon.
- It will be lead you to a new page where you can select the ”IMPS/UPI” payment option.
- A new small window will appear where you can input the amount you wish to take out and start the transaction.
Gamble online with IMPS/UPI
Note that not all casinos accept IMPS and UPI payment methods. On a positive note, many gambling sites are catching up on this payment method. It includes Casino Days, Pure Casino, Casumo, 10Cric, and Betway Casino. These online casinos make you eligible for welcome bonuses for as long as you meet the minimum deposit requirement.
How Secure is IMPS?
Transactions that take place in Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) are safe and secure, and especially they are managed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). It added a level of security and comfort for online gamblers using this payment method. The National Payments Corporation of India received three different ISO certifications, namely:
- ISO9001 – Quality Management Systems
- ISO223001 – Business Continuity Management Systems
- ISO27001 – Security Management Systems
Another way of keeping the transaction safe and secure is by adding the latest technology called SSL encryption. It is RapidSSL certified issued by RapidSSL, CA. It goes to show that these payment portals are safe and secure. You will be confident using these payment portals because you know that your personal and financial information is taken care of.
One of the main benefits of using IMPS/UPI as a payment method is that it does not incur a fee for transactions. Unlike other payment options, you will receive 100% of your amount you deposited in your online casino account.
Frequently Asked Questions
The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) was established in 2007 under the Payment and Settlement Systems Act. The primary goal was to have a solid structure of the banking system of the country and at the same time keep NPCI a not-for-profit organization. For someone in the online gambling industry, including casino players, payment portals like UPI and IMPS have revolutionized the way players fund their online casino account. It has made the entire process easy, considering that India’s Reserve Bank is skeptical in allowing transactions that involve gambling.
With the advent of these payment portals, funding your online casino account can be done efficiently and securely. It helps deposit money on your casino account and when it comes to withdrawing your earnings from the casino. Players from India can now enjoy a hassle-free way of depositing and withdrawing money from online casinos.