European roulette consists of the majority of roulette tables in the world. The moment you play roulette, except that it is a European roulette table unless indicated otherwise. Why is it popular? Many players across the globe prefer European roulette because the layout is easy to understand, and it gives players the highest chances of winning. European roulette tables are common in Indian real money online casinos. You can find different European roulette variations.
European roulette – Your guide to understanding how it is played in online setting
European roulette has been around since the 1800s when the French version of roulette made its way to Europe and Monte Carlo. If you have tried playing French roulette, you can say that the European roulette is pretty much the same but a simplified version. It is simple in a way that it does not have complete betting types. The wheel of European roulette has a zero (0) slot and 36 numbers starting from 1 to 36, bringing the total number to 37.
Real Money European Roulette Rules
When playing any type of roulettes, the goal remains the same – to bet on a number or number combination where you think the ball will land on. Your chances of winning will depend on the movement of the ball as it is released onto the roulette wheel. Each roulette table has a corresponding RTP or Return to Player percentage. For European roulette, the RTP is 97.30%. The bet limit usually starts at Rs. 8 but can go as high as several lakh. Again, it depends on the roulette table you are playing.
The European roulette version is the most popular roulette version primarily because of the bets. There are different roulette variations, but the European roulette is the most user-friendly because of the single zero wheel and the available bet type selections. When playing online roulette, the available bets are the ones you can find on the table. There is no call bet, which you usually found in land-based casinos.
Inside bets pertain to the bets placed onto the wheel numbers, which could be one or more numbers. The bets are placed on the numbers shown on the table’s felt. The good thing about inside bets is they have high payouts, and it is because of the low probability of winning. Inside bets have different types, which include straight-up, split, street, corner, and line. The payout varies depending on the bet type. For straight-up bet, the payout is 35:1, 17:1 for split inside bet, 11:1 for street inside bet, 5:1 for line inside bet, and 8:1 for corner inside bet.
Outside bets pertain to the numbers consisting of bets. The probability of winning is high, but the payout is way lower when compared with the inside bets. It is called outside bets because the bets are placed on the wheel’s outside edges.
For outside bets, you have five different types to choose from:
- low/high consists of numbers 1 to 18 or 19 to 36.
- Other outside bet types are color (all red and black numbers), dozen (four adjacent rows), and column (one of three columns of 12 numbers each).
- For the outside bet payouts, they’re as follows: dozen 2:1, column 2:1, color 1:1, low/high 1:1, and odd/even 1:1.
Choosing European Roulette Real Money Tables
When playing European roulette, you can play at the regular table, live dealer, or the online RNG table. You can also find alternative roulette tables. Some of them are the following:
- Live lightning roulette – it pertains to the roulette table with an added feature such as the random multipliers. One thing to be aware of is that it lowers the payout of straight-up bets from 35:1 to 30:1. The good thing about this European roulette variation is that it gives you the opportunity to win up to 500x your bet. Now, that’s a massive winning, especially if luck is on your side.
- Double ball roulette – In this variation, two balls are dropped at once on the wheel. The beauty of this roulette variation is it opens more betting options. Most importantly, the payout possibility is up to 1300:1. That’s a lot of money.
Knowing the differences between roulette variations, specifically French, European, and American?
There are different types of roulette, but the most common ones are French, European, and American. It is important to know the different variations as it will serve as your guide to choosing which variation suits your gaming style and playing goal.
You probably are wondering what the differences are between the three. We’re going to discuss their differences in a brief:
- European roulette – As mentioned above, it is the popular variation because of the simple game rule. The playing rules are easy to understand even by players with no prior experience in playing roulette. It also provides the highest chances of winning.
- French roulette – It is somewhat similar to that of European roulette but differs in the betting options. The total number is 37, which is similar to European roulette, but it comes with additional betting options.
- American roulette – The betting options are the same way as the European roulette, but the difference is that it comes with an added 0. In other words, it has an added green 00. So the total number on the wheel is 38. It has a negative effect on the winning percentage, making it less appealing to players. The double zero leads to a low RTP, which explains why it is the least popular type of roulette.