Learning the different roulette rules
The roulette table is the only table game with a wheel in a casino setting, making it totally unique from the rest. When playing roulette, you should know the roulette rules so you won’t get intimated by the game. Fortunately, the rules can be learned easily, and the gameplay can be quickly followed even by people who don’t have any prior roulette gaming experience. In this article, we will also cover different roulette variations and bets. We go over the maximum and minimum bets too. Understanding these roulette rules will increase your chances of winning while playing online roulette at online casinos in India.
Roulette rules – Why is it important to know them?
In a roulette game, other players or the dealer are not your enemies. You are playing on the number you think will win. The game starts with placing your bet on the number the ball will land on. there’s no guarantee which number the ball will fall. You are trusting your instinct and luck. Once the ball is released, your chances of winning depend on the movement of the ball. If luck is on your side, you’ll win.
Roulette Rules & variations
There are different roulette variations, and each has a distinct set of roulette rules. There are three roulette types, and each has a variation with additional features to maximize the entertainment value. The following roulette variations with corresponding rules are as follows:
- European Roulette – The European variation consists the majority of roulette tables in the world. It is characterized by a wheel with 37 numbers ranging from 0 to 36. The betting options are simple and shown in English. It has an RTP of 97.30%. If you play roulette, except that it is European unless otherwise indicated.
- Lightning Roulette – It is a European roulette variation characterized by additional multiplier to straight-up bets. In the regular straight-up bet, you will receive a payout of 30:1, but there’s a multiplier of up to 500x. There are five random numbers with multipliers.
- French Roulette – Of all roulette variations, it is the closest to European roulette. Its wheel has 37 numbers like the European variation. The only difference is the added two-game rules – La Partage and En Prison. The RTP of French roulette is 97.30% but can go as high as 98.65% when La Partage is available.
- La Partage rule – It is a rule that applies to even money bet, which is triggered when the ball falls on zero. The bets are divided into half, where the player gets half and the other to the casino.
- En Prison rule – It is a La Partage variation that is triggered if the ball falls on zero and you place an even-money bet. It’s up to you to select between En Prison and La Partage. When En Prison takes place, the money you place will be there for the next spin. If luck is on your side and you win, the bet you place on the former round will be returned to you.
- American Roulette – It is the least popular variation and has a unique set of roulette rules. Unlike the usual 37 numbered wheels, American roulette has 38 numbers because of the double zero, which is located on the opposite side of the single zero. Its Return to Player (RTP) percentage is 94.74% only.
Guides in placing roulette bets
When playing roulette using real money, the game is made all the more thrilling because of the availability of different roulette bets. Roulette allows you to place huge bets, which are divided into two parts – the inside and outside bets. It depends on where the bets are placed on the felt as well as the level of risk, whether high or low.
- Inside bets – The bet is called inside bet is placed on the grid of numbers. You can bet straight-up on a number giving you the highest possible payout. You are also allowed to place your bet on the street (a row of numbers), the corner (four numbers), the six-line (two streets), and the basket (cluster of 0 to 4).
- Outside Bets – The outside bets are used if you want to capture a large portion of the wheel, which provides a higher chance of winning, but the payout is quite low.
Guides to payout rules
The payouts and odds differ depending on the type of bet you chose. Below are the possible bets, along with the odds and corresponding payouts.
Roulette Bet Payout Odds
Basket 6:1 13.16%
Six Line 5:1 15.80%
Corner 8:1 10.50%
Straight-up 35:1 2.70%
Street 11:1 8.11%
Roulette Bet Payout Odds
Dozens 2:1 32.40%
High/Low 1:1 48.60%
Red/Black 1:1 48.60%
Odd/Even 1:1 48:60%
Columns 2:1 32.40%
Minimum and maximum bets roulette rules
There is a limit on the amount of bet you can place on a particular roulette table when playing roulette. The rules are there to ensure that players won’t do anything that would abuse roulette rules. When playing online roulette, you can find a table showing the minimum and maximum bet limits on the website. However, it is not always the case with other casino sites. You would need to open the game to see the bet limit.
What are the minimum bets?
Before you start placing your bet, it is important to know the minimum bet. If you are new to roulette, it is best to start with a minimum bet to manage the risk as you familiarize yourself with the different roulette rules. The minimum bet varies from one casino to another, but it ranges between Rs. 8 and Rs. 200. Start playing with the lowest bet so you won’t run out of money as the game progresses.
What are the maximum bets?
If you are a seasoned roulette player, you can opt to play with a maximum bet. The maximum bet differs from one online casino to another. Some casinos have a maximum
Consider Playing for free first
Learning roulette is easy, but as you are trying to learn the game, especially roulette rules, you have to be certain you are not risking your money. Fortunately, the majority of online casinos let you play roulette for free. Some will give you a generous welcome bonus, which you can use for a real money game. Take this opportunity to learn roulette without risking your money.